Thursday, April 3, 2014
KÄNSLOR - HJÄRTAN / FEELINGS - HEARTS
KVINNORNA BRODERAR KÄNSLOR
WOMEN MAKE EMBROIDERIES FROM THEIR FEELINGS
The other day these embroidered heats arrived in a photo - The women had got a new challenge to make an embroidered heart filled with feelings
Here are the questions I suggest for Kulvinder to give to the women, to try to get them think in the ways of colours and feelings and stiches. I just found this letter now I share it with you!
1)Why did this woman choose these colours. Does it mean something that she put the center
heart in red colour? Notice that the change of stiches make a darker lila contour, tell her it´s very nice.
And the square patterns do they mean something? The contrasting yellow behind the squares- nice!
2) This is avery beautyful heart. I think it expresses sorrow. It is made in a simple and very effectful way
How did she think when she choosed theese colours and also decided to make the embroidery very
plain and with only one sort of stiches.
3) Many colours used but in strict order. It seems to be a happy feeling but in a diciplined way.
As if she keeps the joy inside herself? And the bright blue part around keeps the joyful inner together.
I also see that the contour is made with some traditional stiches.
4) And why did this woman choose this colours? Ask her what she thought of!
To me it seems to be a very young and romantic heart!
5) Here the colours are very strong. Ask why she choosed theese colours.
In the center there is a very brave and determined heart. Who does she think
of when she makes this? She also used theese traditional difficult stiches.
It looks a little like lace.
6) Ask who was in her mind when she choosed theese colours? I can guess that she had her children in mind?
In my eyes she has made a heart that expresses happiness, which is also spread out to others.
7) Why theese colours? She has made a small glowing heart deepest inside the dark blue ( night)
Very carefully made stiches. ( Is this heart about sorrow?)
8) Bright colours and playful dots. A joyful heart. Quite original in the way to compose.
I like the green jumping stiches upon the yellow, as to keep the joy in it´s place.
mam I send some pictures with women's smiling faces. They got new embroideries and looking happy